SOAR (Student Orientation, Advising and Registration) is an informative experience required for all new students with no prior college credit. SOAR is designed to help you make the transition to college and kick-start your educational experience. It's also where you'll get scheduled for your first-semester classes! During SOAR, you will attend the following sessions:
- Campus overview
- Explanation of placements in reading, writing and math
- Financial aid information
- Student success
- FlashLine training
- Group scheduling and introduction to the Graduation Planning System (GPS)
SOAR begins at 9 a.m. (there is no need to arrive earlier) and will last 3-4 hours. Please make plans to arrive promptly at 9 a.m. and stay for the duration of the program so you may receive this very important information and have time to schedule your classes. Because of the SOAR schedule and space limitations, please encourage your parents and/or spouse to join you for New Student Orientation in August rather than SOAR.
If you can answer "YES" to the following, call 330-339-3391 now to schedule your SOAR date:
- I've received an acceptance letter from Kent State Tuscarawas.
- I've completed the ALEKS online math placement assessment.
- I'm under 21 and I've submitted my ACT scores to Kent State Tuscarawas, OR
- I'm over 21 and I've completed the COMPASS reading and writing assessments.
You may not attend SOAR until you've completed all required assessments!
Transfer students who have completed required assessments should call 330-339-3391 to schedule an appointment with an academic advisor in order to review transfer credit and schedule classes.