Welcome to Kent State University at Tuscarawas!
Kent State Tuscarawas has been recognized as one of the top universities doing the most to embrace America's veterans on G.I. Jobs 2010 list of Military Friendly Schools.
Last year, Kent State Tuscarawas experienced a 65 percent increase in veteran enrollments from the 2009-2010 academic year. Here are the steps you need to complete to use your GI Bill benefits at Kent State Tuscarawas:
1. Gather Documents: Make sure you have the following list of documents to make your application process as smooth as possible. Underlined items have links to help you get the needed documents. Please ensure that if you don't have the needed documents, that you apply for them with as much lead time as possible to have them when they are needed.
- Driver's License or valid identification
- Social Security Card
- College Transcripts
- High School Transcripts (The actual Diploma will not suffice)
- Once you know what GI Bill you are going to use you must apply VONAP as soon as possible. Allow 8-12 weeks for processing.
- File your FAFSA and print your email confirmation. The Kent State Tuscarawas school code is 003062.
- Have your bank account routing and account number available so your benefits can be direct deposited.
2. Apply to Kent State Tuscarawas online here. Make sure you have a credit card available for the $40 processing fee. Once application is processed, you will receive an acceptance letter with instructions to call in for placement testing. Once testing is complete, you can make an appointment to schedule your classes.
3. Fill out the VA registration form and turn into Cheryl Walker or the front office.