Tuscarawas News Detail
Kent Trumbull Theatre to host summer internship programPosted Jan. 9, 2013
Kent Trumbull Theatre and Summer Stock '13 are proud to announce our upcoming scholarship program for theatre technicians. Offered will be 2-4 summer internships/scholarships for interested high school students, with preference given to those who are interested in technical theatre. All High School students in the Kent State Trumbull area are eligible, including recent graduates.
All applicants must be at least 16 years of age.
Please note the following information/stipulations of the scholarship:
- The payment of $500 will be issued to each student who successfully completes the program. Failure to complete the program will result in forfeiting the scholarship funds.
- Only 2-4 High School students will be offered scholarships. Other students will be welcome to participate on a volunteer basis.
- Students will be instructed and participate in set design and construction, properties, scenic art, costuming, lighting, sound technologies etc. as well as office management, marketing and performing other duties as assigned.
- Each student will be required to work either 15 hours/week for 8 weeks during the summer (June 1-Aug 1, 2013) or a total of 120 hours from May 1-Aug 1, 2013. The specific hours will be determined by the student and Tony E. Kovacic, Summer Stock Technical Theatre Director. It is conceivable that students can handle a part time job in addition to a Summer Stock '13 Internship. However, work hours will take place between 9 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday-Friday.
- In addition, each student must crew at least one Summer Stock show during the course of the summer. (These hours will not be included in the above totals).
- Interested students should fill out an application form NO LATER THAN APRIL 1, 2013 and return it to: Daniel-Raymond Nadon,Artistic Director-Summer Stock '13, Kent Trumbull Theatre, 4314 Mahoning Avenue NW, Warren, OH 44483.
Students will be required to complete a short interview before being granted a scholarship. For further information, please call 330-847-8700.
Click here to download the application.