Tuscarawas News Detail
Kent State University Holds Third Annual Alumni CollegePosted Apr. 25, 2013
The Kent State University Alumni Association will host the third annual Alumni College. The event offers Kent State graduates and friends an opportunity to reconnect with each other and the university. The 2013 Alumni College will focus on topics from the university’s College of Arts and Sciences with renowned faculty members, as well as former NASA astronaut and Kent State graduate Carl Walz. The day also will include a state of the university address from Kent State President Lester A. Lefton and tours of campus and downtown. For more information, visit www.ksualumni.org/alumnicollege2013.
• Kent State University President Lester A. Lefton
• Col. Carl Walz, 1977 Kent State graduate, former NASA astronaut
• James Blank, interim dean, Kent State's College of Arts and Sciences, and professor, Department of Biological Sciences
• Robert Clements, research assistant professor, Kent State’s Department of Biological Sciences
• Ernie Freeman, assistant professor, Kent State’s Department of Biology
• C. Owen Lovejoy, university professor, Kent State’s Department of Anthropology
• Thomas Schmidlin, professor, Kent State’s Department of Geography
Saturday, June 8 from 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
RSVP deadline is Friday, May 24
Kent Student Center
Kent State University, Kent, Ohio
Kent State University Alumni Association Members - $50
Kent State University Alumni Association Non-members - $60
# # #
Col. Carl Walz, a former NASA astronaut, will participate in Kent State’s third annual Alumni College on June 8. Walz graduated from Kent State in 1977.
Kellie Mayle, firstname.lastname@example.org, 330-672-5368
Bob Burford, email@example.com, 330-672-8516