Tuscarawas News Detail
Nominate an Outstanding Kent State ResearcherPosted Feb. 24, 2014
Nominations are due by March 10 for the 2014 Outstanding Research and Scholarship Award honoring Kent State University's exceptional faculty researchers and scholars. Kent State faculty, students, staff and alumni are invited to nominate candidates for the award, which is based on the quality of research and scholarship and its impact on society. As many as four awards will be given.
A ceremony and reception will be held Wednesday, April 16, at 5 p.m. in Cartwright Hall to honor the 2014 recipients. The award is sponsored by the Division of Research and Sponsored Programs and the University Research Council.
To nominate: Please print and submit the nomination form to Sheila Pratt in the Division of Research and Sponsored Programs, 145 Cartwright Hall or via email at email@example.com.
Nomination deadline: Monday, March 10, at 11:59 p.m.
- Individuals may nominate only one candidate.
- Nominations should be made on this standardized form.
- All full-time, tenure-track and nontenure-track faculty members are eligible for an Outstanding Research and Scholarship Award.
- Nominees have the option of accepting or rejecting their nomination.
- After the nomination is accepted, nominees are asked to provide their vitae, a statement of research interests and achievements, as well as additional materials (or examples of creative activities) to the Division of Research and Sponsored Programs.
Recognizing that the impact of outstanding scholarship and creative activity take many different forms, candidates will be evaluated and ranked within each discipline based on criteria including but not limited to:
- Number of publications of original research in refereed journals
- Book chapters
- Book publications
- Presentations at invited lectures, national and international meetings
- Major exhibits or performances
- Major grant or fellowship support
- Other accomplishments, such as membership and leadership in professional organizations or on editorial boards
For more information, including the review process, visit www.kent.edu/news/newsdetail.cfm?newsitem=E37DF6C1-F3EC-F347-FC580BFBE7EBBE4F.